Monday, March 10, 2008

Week #8: Resolutions and Quicksand

I shoulda seen this coming. Every semester, the months increasingly speed up towards final exams. It never fails, the semester starts out good, and then the "quicksand effect" kicks in.

You start out doing great. Everything is wonderful. The beginning of every semester is like New Year's Eve with your resolution always being the same: stay on top of the school work; don't fall behind. And like most real NYE resolutions, you start off doing great. But then you fall behind on an assignment in one class. And then another. And before you know it, you're struggling and kicking your feet so hard to try and get back to where you need to be, but you keep falling further behind; like quicksand.

And here I stand. Or, rather, try to stand out of the sand. I fell behind on blogging for this class. My assignments for "Dr. Death" are being started by yours truly later and later in the week. It's Monday night, and I have barely scratched the surface of the PSA assignment due in 15 hours and 26 minutes and counting.

However, with the amazing teacher we have, I can be a little late, as long as I make up for it in another blog. Therefore, the sole purpose this week is a lesson to you all:

It's better late than never. But don't fall into the quicksand.

No comments: